Skip to main content

Festive Flurry Heard from The Heart


Ever had a card in mind that does not turn out at all the way you imagined it? Oh well, after much deliberation, I present to you the end result, as seen in the picture above, which is rather different to the one in my head :-)

I started out this card with playing with the new Stampin' Up! Hearts Decorative Mask. The hearts inspired me to dust off the retired Heard From The Heart stamp set. I also wanted to experiment with using the Crystal Effects to glue down vellum on card stock - this was in response to a friend and customer's query as to what is the best adhesive to use with vellum so that it doesn't show through?
(And YES, I would recommend using Crystal Effects as the adhesive for Vellum.)

So the idea was to have the sponged hearts on the Whisper White card stock, then the sentiment embossed on the vellum which is then adhered over the top of the Whisper White card stock. I haven't yet used the Pool Party Emboss Powder which I have had in storage for some time now, so that was my first pick of colour, and oh my, I l.o.v.e. the result of the Pool Party embossed on the vellum. It is very delicately subtle however, so it was kinda lost when placed over the Pool Party sponged hearts on the Whisper White.



Please excuse the colour of the photo above, but when I used the flash on the camera, this card was a  brilliant glare so in the end I chose to take the photo without the flash. Basically I wanted to show you that I thought it too plain just to layer the vellum over the plain Whisper White, even though in my mind I thought it would look quite elegant.

It took a lot of trying this and that to finally arrive at the design that I am happy with, which was the very first picture you saw in this post. I think it lifted the card without taking away the focus of the Pool Party embossed sentiment.

In case you were wondering, yes, I had stamped the image of the largest Snowflake from the Festive Flurry stamp set in Versamark on Clear Window sheet and then embossed with White Emboss Powder. The smaller snowflake was clear embossed on window sheet also, then embellished with Silver Glitter and finished off with the jewel rhinsteones. Both the snowflakes were actually just in the pile of snowflakes I made last year which never got used so it was awesome that they came in handy for this card.

So, who wants this card sent to them for Christmas this year? :-)

Stay tuned for the next post in which I will show you the idea that I had originally for this card, which I think I manage to pull off using a different colour scheme.

PS: Remember, the Festive Flurry stamp set and co-ordinating dies are available only till 27th August 2014.

Comments