Skip to main content

A Fitting Cuppa Occasion


I am trying hard where possible to be efficient. I needed a 1-3/4" Scallop Circle for my Hedgehog card and being ever mindful, I punched it out in such a way that the "negative" Chocolate Chip Card Stock can easily be used also. I do this often, but the problem is that these "negatives" would soon build into a stash of awkward scraps getting entangled with each other.

So this time, since I already have a stash of scraps out, I quickly set to work with this negative piece of card stock. I found a small piece of this retired DSP from some time ago, which is of Real Red, Olive Green and Very Vanilla stripes - the perfect and very popular partners with Chocolate Chip. I loved it even more when I, quite unintentionally, layered the DSP on an angle beneath the Chocolate Chip. It just oozes warm times by the fire with spiced hot chocolate, hence the image from the stamp set, A Fitting Occassion.

It started out as a 3x3 card, then I wanted to add the twine too, but would have preferred to wrap it around the chocolate chip card stock but it was too late as I had already adhered that piece to the Naturals White layer. So this turned out a happy accident because I love it the best wrapped around the white layer then layered on to the 4x4 piece of Naturals White.



Now, it got me thinking: do you like 4x4 cards? Do you have a preference to use standard sized card, or square cards like 4x4 or 6x6 or you don't really care one way or another?

Just to point out: you could get a 4x6 card and 3 of 4x4 cards from a 12x12 card stock - it's very neat and tidy so that would be one reason why I would get into making more 4x4 cards. But 4x4 cards aren't very efficient use of an A4 card stock.

Until next time, happy stamping!

Comments